Faculty of Medical and Health Sciences
Read about our commitment to equity.
The Faculty of Medical and Health Sciences is committed to reducing inequities in education and health through access to our programmes, our curriculum, our research and through our commitment to the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi.
This commitment is supported by the faculty’s Associate Dean (Equity), Associate Professor Nicolette Sheridan, and the FMHS Equity Committee, which works to:
- Advise on the development of, and assists with the dissemination of, University policy on Equal Employment and Equal Educational Opportunities.
- Raise the profile of equity issues throughout the faculty and assists in promulgating best practice initiatives in the area of Equal Educational and Equal Employment Opportunities throughout the faculty.
- Monitor access, participation, performance and outcomes of target groups in the faculty through analysis of data and performance indicators.
- Refer any identified issues to Schools or other faculty committees for action.
- Review planned Faculty activities and initiatives for EO/EEdO implications.
Undergraduate Targeted Admission Scheme
Information including the University’s UTAS policy, guidelines, entry requirements, people to contact and FAQs.
Students with disabilities
Information to assist prospective students with a disability who are interested in applying to one or more of the faculty's programmes.
Māori and Pacific Students
Find out about MAPAS - a supportive environment and structure where students, their whānau and staff accept a commitment to academic achievement within a Māori or Pacific context.
Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Intersex (LGBTI) students and staff
The University offers a range of initiatives aimed at providing support for LGBTI students and staff.