Professor Papaarangi M J Reid
DipComH, BSc, MBChB, DipObst, FNZCPHM
Papaarangi is Tumuaki and Head of Department of Maori Health at the Faculty of Medical and Health Sciences, University of Auckland, New Zealand. She holds science and medical degrees from the University of Auckland and is a specialist in public health medicine. She has tribal affiliations to Te Rarawa in the Far North of Aotearoa and her research interests include analysing disparities between indigenous and non-indigenous citizens as a means of monitoring government commitment to indigenous rights.
Selected publications and creative works (Research Outputs)
- Jones, P. G., Kool, B., Dalziel, S., Shepherd, M., Le Fevre, J., Harper, A., ... Reid, P. (2017). Time to cranial computerised tomography for acute traumatic brain injury in paediatric patients: Effect of the shorter stays in emergency departments target in New Zealand. Journal of Paediatrics and Child Health, 53 (7), 685-690. 10.1111/jpc.13519
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Elana Curtis, Bridget Kool, Susan Wells, Shanthi Ameratunga, Peter Jones, Stuart Dalziel
- Jones, P., Wells, S., Harper, A., Le Fevre, J., Stewart, J., Curtis, E., ... Ameratunga, S. (2017). Impact of a national time target for ED length of stay on patient outcomes. New Zealand Medical Journal, 130 (1455), 15-34. Related URL.
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Elana Curtis, Susan Wells, Shanthi Ameratunga, Peter Jones
- Jones, P., Le Fevre, J., Harper, A., Wells, S., Stewart, J., Curtis, E., ... Ameratunga, S. (2017). Effect of the Shorter Stays in Emergency Departments time target policy on key indicators of quality of care. New Zealand Medical Journal, 130 (1455), 35-44. Related URL.
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Elana Curtis, Susan Wells, Shanthi Ameratunga
- Wikaire, E., Curtis, E., Cormack, D., Jiang, Y., McMillan, L., Loto, R., & Reid, P. (2017). Predictors of academic success for Māori, Pacific and non-Māori non-Pacific students in health professional education: a quantitative analysis. Advances in Health Sciences Education, 22 (2), 299-326. 10.1007/s10459-017-9763-4
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Erena Wikaire, Elana Curtis, Donna Cormack, Yannan Jiang, Louise McMillan
- Merry, A. F., Webster, C. S., Hannam, J., Mitchell, S. J., Henderson, R., Reid, P., ... Cooper, J. (2011). Multimodal system designed to reduce errors in recording and administration of drugs in anaesthesia: prospective randomised clinical evaluation. BMJ: British Medical Journal, 343 (sep22)10.1136/bmj.d5543
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Craig Webster, Simon Mitchell, Jacqueline Hannam, Alan Merry
- Gander, P. H., Marshall, N. S., Harris, R., & Reid, P. (2005). The Epworth Sleepiness Scale: influence of age, ethnicity, and socioeconomic deprivation. Epworth Sleepiness scores of adults in New Zealand. Sleep, 28 (2), 249-253.
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Ricci Harris
- Pomare, E., Keefe-Ormsby, V., Ormsby, C., Pearce, N., Reid, M. P., Robson, B., & Watene-Haydon, N. (1995). Hauora: Maori standards of health III: a study of the years 1970-1991. , 3 Wellington: Te Rōpū Rangahau Hauora a Eru Pōmare/Eru Pōmare Māori Health Research Centre 1995; Wellington School of Medicine. Related URL.