The University of Auckland proudly announces that calls for 2017 round for two awards celebrating research excellence is now open.
The Early Career Research Excellence Award (ECREA) recognises and promotes excellence and research leadership potential among our emerging researchers. The award aims to enable early career researchers to further their current research, establish stronger links with researchers in other parts of the world, or embark on new fields of research.
Early career researchers who completed their PhD or equivalent no more than eight years ago and are in the early years of developing a research career are eligible to apply.
This is a University Research Committee (UARC) award and there are six awards annually, of up to $25,000 per award.
2016 winners included:
· Dr Kimberly Mellor from the Department of Physiology
· Dr Miro Erkintalo from the Department of Physics
· Dr Rose Martin from the Dance Studies Programme
· Dr Kirsten Locke from the School of Critical Studies in Education
· Dr June-Chiew Han from the Auckland Bioengineering Institute
· Dr Alice Chang-Richards from the Department of Mechanical Engineering
The Research Excellence Awards (REA) recognise individuals and small research teams for single projects/programmes which have made outstanding contribution to one or more academic disciplines and/or fields of study in the last five years. Most University academic staff are eligible to apply. There are usually up to three awards annually. Each awardee (individual or team) receives a medal designed by Kate Newby and $5000 as a prize or grant.
2016 winners included:
· Associate Professor Quentin Atkinson and Professor Russell Gray from the School of Psychology
· Professor Gillian Brock from the School of Humanities
· Professor Peter Watts – Queens Counsel, of the Faculty of Law
· Associate Professor Leo Cheng, Associate Professor Gregory O’Grady, Dr Peng Du, Dr Niranchan Paskaranandavadivel, Dr Tim Angeli and Dr Shameer Sathar from the Auckland Bioengineering Institute
All applications are to be submitted by the University deadline of Monday 6 March 2017 (midnight). Guidelines and application forms (including Faculty contacts) can be found on the Staff Intranet.