The University of Auckland invites you to develop and submit your
Application for Admission (AfA) online.
This process makes the submission of a doctoral application straightforward; it
provides you with a clear channel for inquiring about doctoral study or
acquiring a supervisor.
The online admission process allows for inclusion of sufficient information to
enable faculty and departmental staff to assess you as a potential doctoral
candidate and subsequently advise you appropriately
Information and documents you will need
Before you begin, be sure to have at hand, in electronic format:
- If English is not your first language: your IELTS, TOEFL and TWE test scores if you have completed such tests within the last
- transcripts of your highest tertiary qualification
- Your curriculum vitae or resume
- the research proposal (please write an outline of your intended topic and areas of interest for doctoral
study. This should be no longer than 1,000
Guidelines for the submission of PhD proposals (24KB
Research proposal template(167.1KB DOC)
When you detail your research interest, please ensure you succinctly record the
area of research which particularly interests you, why you have chosen this area,
and what you hope to achieve during your studies at The University of Auckland.
Ready to start your doctoral application?
The application is an online process, so you will need to log in.
- If you are a student or staff member at the University: use your NetID and
- If you are new to The University of Auckland: sign up for a new account (you can
do this on the login page).